Thursday, July 09, 2009

Attention

I vow to always try

we damage each other
and ourselves
with
ourselves

vow to always pay attention to
the potential damage
that can be done with words
and try
for the opposite

apologies cannot always
repair

I can only go on living and go
on trying

it is late and night and time to make some dinner and put things behind me and write the sentence to its end and see what is left over from there. a dad sadness hangs in the room. so turn the AC on, okay. stove flame up to burn pasta and worry over finances and dhamma talks which soothe the worry. as I bike to the store, kids from the car yell at me with a megaphone to pull over, and when I don't... he shouts at me: 'use yr signal next time." he approves as I push on, giving him a thumbs up, like a Thumbs Up Cola, India. and my large friend is what?... getting married on Friday, to a burnt up... mound of crack or?... and when I stupidly asked him who his best man is going to be... I am bound again. and forced to be my best. isn't that what I insist from others around me? the world goes on despite desperation and hard times. nothing lets up. get over that. we are being laughed at.

the most tender
of moments in a
Houston sprawl
sometimes you
don't realize how fast
everything all flies
here in the little H
concrete wasteland

think I need to go back to
up early sitting

in the end
silence for your neighbors
silence for your friends
silence for your enemies
silence for your "superiors"
silence for the ones you loved the most

peace to them all

No comments: